Council of Patrons of the Polish Olympic Committee
The POC Council of Patrons was appointed by the POC Presidium on 25 May 2012
It gathers heads of strategic departments, state institutions, economic enterprises and outstanding figures of social life, culture, science, the media, sports as well as the Presidium of the Polish Olympic Committee.
The Council is a platform of exchange of views and an opinion-forming center which serves the partner cooperation for a long-term development of sport and the Olympic Movement through:
- searching for the best, innovative structural-organizational solutions in the area of sport;
- utilizing, to a greater degree, the achievements and potential of centers of education and training for the development of sport;
- popularization of universal values of sport and principles of fair play as well as culture and Olympic education;
- creating conditions for strengthening the role of sport patronage and functioning of sponsorship in sport as well as shaping and popularizing a positive image of sport sponsors;
- involving, to a larger extent, business circles in central and regional environment-friendly investments in sport and the recreational movement; promoting a good image of Poland in the world through sport, especially in circles of the Polish community abroad and in host cities of the Olympic Games and organizers of large international sports events.