The Polish Olympic Committee uses two emblems containing Olympic symbolism. They are: the historical logo and the commercial logo.
The historical logo is a copy of the tip of the banner of the Polish Olympic Committee. The logo contains the symbol of a crowned eagle with spread wings against a foreground of five Olympic rings. For the first time the logo appeared in 1960 in documents, bulletins and on the small vignette of the Olympic Fund. At the beginning, the eagle didn’t wear a crown yet, in 1992, the crown was restored in the wake of the fall of the communist regime. On 12 June 1981, the POC received the permission to use the symbol of five Olympic rings from the IOC. The graphic mark was registered with the Polish Patent Office under no. 60183. The logo is used in POC’s organizational, educational and sponsoring activities.
The commercial logo shows an impression of the Polish red-white national flag, connected with the five colorful Olympic rings. On 14 March 1993, the Executive Committee of the IOC approved the usage of the Olympic symbol in the emblem of the POC. The Polish commercial Olympic mark was registered with the Polish Patent Office under no. 85552. This emblem is used in marketing and sponsoring activities of the POC. Both emblems are reserved and protected in the Republic of Poland under property rights and the provisions of the Qualified Sport Act of 29 July 2005 (Journal of Laws No. 155, item 1298).
According to public opinion pools, the commercial logo is recognized by 76% of Poles.